Saturday 4 June 2011

 Here are some pictures from today. I went to the Anne of Green Gables house in Cavendish, PEI, about 5 minutes from where we have been staying. It is a beautiful site, the picture above is from one of two trails that you can take around the area. This was the Balsam trail, and my sister took some very nice pictures, the weather was cooperating so we were happy, since it rained all day yesterday.
                     
The Green Gables house is pretty cool inside, lots of old artifacts and neat tidbits that I learned. My sister was especially surprised to learn that Anne Shirley was in fact not a real person. She was a little bummed out by this information. I loved just being able to walk the trails and take in the beautiful scenery. We also went down to Cavendish Beach, and saw the ocean in all of its glory. I think it has finally hit me that I am here! Tomorrow we leave on the ferry for Halifax, NS. We'll be staying there for the remainder of our trip, and I am excited to check out that city as well, I've heard lots of great things about it.


I'll post some more pictures soon as we have taken bunches upon bunches of them. Tonight we are going for an authentic lobster supper at a place nearby called Fisherman's Wharf. This is the kind of joint where you get one of those plastic bibs with a picture of a lobster on it. I can't wait! This is the kind of legit PEI experience I have been searching for!

1 comment:

  1. These pics are great Riley. I have always wanted to visit The Green Gables house. I hope you continue to have a great time on your trip!
    ~Marissa

    ReplyDelete