Tuesday 31 May 2011

Scratch That.

Well, it was over as soon as it had begun...

It was brought to my attention that I probably need permission for the songs that I featured on my podcast...

So... I sent some emails but I have no idea if they will get me any answers so for the time being my podcast has been taken off the site, along with my whole Podomatic account because I couldn't figure out how to take the podcast off on its own. I got frustrated and just deleted the entire thing.

I am feeling very discouraged and embarrassed. It honestly never crossed my mind that I would need permission for each song on my podcast. Not to mention it was never pointed out to me until it was too late and already posted. Hopefully I don't get sued by Arcade Fire.

So at this point I am not sure where to go from here. The basis of my podcast ideas were based around music, and I am not sure if I can obtain the proper permission for this and future podcasts. I am going to have to do some research and asking around to figure out what I can do now.

I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment