Tuesday 31 May 2011

The Canadiana Podcast

So I finally figured out how to get my podcast onto the internet! I have been working for a while, converting and formatting and buffering and whatnot. Finally, my first podcast has been posted on Podomatic, which is pretty user friendly though I am still having some difficulties. I wanted to post the actual podcast onto my blog using the embed feature, but I couldn't get it to work. If anyone could tell me how the heck to do that I'd appreciate it. I know I'm supposed to copy the code, but the question is where do I paste it? I'd also like to put a media player on the sidebar of my blog but I am unsure which one to use with my podcasts...

Anywho, I'll blab for a minute about my process with my first podcast. It was fun to do, and I found Garageband quite easy to use, aside from trying to figure out the volume controls and all that, once I figured it out I was good to go. I liked that all of my pictures and music came up on the side, so for each song all that I had to do was click and drag and the song came up. I had a moment today when I was trying to figure out how to post it, and realized I needed to hit the "share to iTunes" option, then it finalized it and sent it to my iTunes library, and I could from there publish it on Podomatic, which took two tries to get it published.

So this is my first try at podcasting, and I'm sure I'll want to make some changes, but I think I will leave it as is, and there will perhaps be a timeline of my learning through my podcasts, sound-wise. One thing that I have already noticed is that my voice sounds a bit quieter than the music, which I have found in other podcasts that I have listened to so this did not surprise me. I might play around with the next one and try and equalize the volume between my voice and the songs. I am brimming with ideas for my next podcasts, and I will be working on them during my trip! I leave tomorrow very early in the AM. So if you will excuse me, I have some packing to do still! Let me know what you think of my first venture into podcast-land! Thanks for listening!

The Canadiana Podcast

No comments:

Post a Comment