Thursday 26 May 2011

A little humor

I'll get down to business in a couple hours, or maybe tomorrow, but for right now here is something that I know makes me smile. Has anyone seen A Hard Day's Night? Well if you don't, I'll explain. It's a movie about the Beatles, back when everyone got along. It's in black and white, and it is excellent. Any Beatles fan, or music fan in general should see this film.

In the words of my Film 100 prof (insert heavy Russian accent):
"Have you seen this film?? Non?? I HIGHLY recommend it!!"

But I do. I've seen it more than one person should probably see a movie. My sister and I can recite the words off by heart. The Beatles were funny guys, just a couple of kids from England, trying to make sense of the madness that was Beatlemania.

What made me think of this was the fact that yesterday, my bandmates and I finally decided on a band name, after endless brainstorm sessions since January. We finally came up with something we liked, and more importantly, was not already claimed! So we are from here on out named The Seven Seas. Fun fact: There are actually seven of us. One reason why it takes months to do anything. Kidding, it actually makes writing songs super fast because one of us will have a chunk of lyrics, and where we got stuck someone else will go, "Oh I know what to do there," and pick up where the other person left off. It's great. We have created a Facebook page if you are interested in following us.

Now, let's get down to it!

"I now declare this bridge, open!" - John Lennon

"Torpedoed again, eh?" - George Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment